Thursday 18 July 2024

Indiana Jeans and Mmathabo at Museum Africa

I have been searching for the original house plans of Sir Julius Jeppe's once opulent mansion Friedenheim.  I am happy to say I found them!  



My friend and colleague Mmathabo Nwangwu accompanied me to Museum Africa.  We met a wonderful gentleman named Kenneth Hlungwane who assisted us, he was very kind and helpful.  


 There were many plans!

 

Mmathabs snapped a few photo's of me having a whale of a time paging through the precious vellum documents.  My daughter says I look like "Indiana Jones"!😊




They don't draw plans like they used to.  These are very beautiful and truly works of art.









I even found a photograph of Belgravia from a time gone by.  Before the Scottish Horse Memorial.  Sir Julius Jeppe's "Friedenheim" in the distance and the little Summer House on the Koppie.


Mmathabs, thank you for being my "Robin"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Boy and his Dad saved rare tiles from Old Tsessebe House

Jeppe Old Boy, Mark Thomas grew up in Friedenheim (Old Tsessebe House).  His father Mr. D. Thomas was a past Deputy Principal and past Head ...